Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Another "Tomorrow" Taken

My former sister-in-law passed away late last night after a long, long hard battle with cancer. While we knew her time was near, we didn't think it would be yesterday. We thought she'd have a few more "tomorrows". I write this in a rather numb state of mind. I used to think of the "tomorrows" as if they were leaves on a tree - something you reached up for and picked. Right now I think of them as autumn leaves, fallen to the ground and collected in heaps to discard. Vickie was still very dear to me despite me not being in their family by name anymore. I am focusing on how much better she is now - relieved from the pain, suffering, and lack of quality of life that she was experiencing. I lost two dear friends within 24 hours. Yes, I guess I should be numb right now.

1 comment:

Subriagirl said...

Hey Dee, I thought of you often during the day today. Knowing how hard this has affected you saddens me. Times like this makes you realize that the time we do spend with our family & friends are precious. I love ya girl.