Tuesday, September 23, 2008
"TOMORROW"
I received word that an old friend and previous co-worker passed away yesterday. She fought breast cancer a few years ago and succeeded then. But, cancer returned and she lost her battle yesterday morn. I haven't seen her in several years but thought of her so often these past few months, not knowing the battle she was living. I have cried and will probably cry more. Besides losing an old friend, it has brought my own mortality to view. We were about the same age. I've lost a few others in my age range over the past few years and it really hits home. Losing them is one thing. Realizing that "tomorrow" could be here today is another. I'm sure my friend thought the way I did until the cancer took over her life - that there's "tomorrow". All the stuff we are going to do "tomorrow". Darlene was robbed of her "tomorrow". We just never know. I grieve for her family and the wonderful wife and mother they have lost. I grieve for all the time she was never given. That's all I can write right now, but perhaps I'll write more "tomorrow"................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. your right it really does make you think. Life is short and we got to make the most of every day.
Post a Comment